Tara’s Turkey Tacos Ingredients:
* Organic, free-range, ground turkey (can use beef, bison or chicken)
* Non-GMO organic taco shells or rice chips. Maybe you have your own recipe?
* Chopped raw or cooked veggies
* Fresh salsa
* Fresh, seasonal peppers
* Squash purée (any squash works especially kabocha)
* Grated raw carrot OR raw cheese (for dairy option)
* Finely chopped greens, Mountain Sorrell adds a great lemony flavor!
* Spices: salt, pepper, cumin, tumeric, coriander, chili powder & oregano
* Dollop of coconut yogurt, goat yogurt or farm fresh sour cream
* Coconut oil or rendered fat from dinner (from clean animal source)
• Heat skillet and then add cooking fat.
• Add garlic and onions and saute until golden.
• Add ground meat and brown.
• Add spices, squash purée and chopped greens. Simmer.
• Add sorrell towards the end. Greens such as kale can be added with meat, and softer greens such as swiss chard can be added a few minutes before serving. Spice to your taste.
Note: Some greens like mustard, and kale have stronger flavor than others like swiss chard or spinach.
Chop more seasonal greens or spinach instead of lettuce. Chop tomatoes, salsa, raw cheese or grated carrots, farm fresh yogurts or coconut yogurt, beans, quinoa, brown rice, etc. Grated carrots gives the perception of cheese.
Serve hot and enjoy! Other variations include using rice chips or sprouted crackers. You can delete the starch thing all together and serve as a salad over your favorite greens.
You can use the leftover taco meat to create stuffed peppers for lunch or dinner the next day.
These recipes and more found in
“Essential Gluten-Free Recipes: Simple * Nutrient Rich * Essential Oil Infused
Find local farm fresh meats via:
* Local Farmer’s Markets
*Local Weston A. Price Chapter Leaders @ http://www.westonaprice.org/local-chapters/find-a-local-chapter